Food Sensitivity Testing
Two services available
ImuPro Basic - 90 foods
ImuPro Complete - 270 foods
This is for you if...
1. Consuming certain foods cause unwanted side effects from bloating to hives.
2. You've never been able to fully identify if you really do have a food sensitivity.
3. You experience chronic complaints that could be caused by a food sensitivity such as migraines, IBS, weight gain, skin problems and more.
Keep scrolling to check out the two types of food sensitivity testing.
What Is Food Sensitivity / Type III Food Allergies?
Food Sensitivity, also known as Type III Food Allergy, is a growing concern among many individuals and their health care providers. This is largely due to the difficulty drawing a straight line between certain foods and the chronic complaints that food sensitivity might be causing. The FITLabs Food Sensitivity test – exclusively sourced from ImuPro – helps overcome that uncertainty.
With an IgG food allergy, the immune system reacts to usually harmless food allergens and produces food-specific IgG antibodies. These antibodies can then cause inflammatory reactions which may lead to various chronic complaints. However, since these symptoms are often delayed for hours or even days, patients can often only suspect that a certain food is the source of their complaint, but the delayed onset makes it hard for them to be certain.
The FITLabs Food Sensitivity test detects the levels of IgG antibodies directed against specific foods, which could be causing a Type III food allergy, and possibly leading to the development of chronic symptoms. The reality is that even in the cases in which a patient is sticking to a healthy diet, Type III food allergies can trigger low-grade inflammation which underlies many health problems including:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Food Sensitivity vs. Food Allergy
NOTE: Food sensitivity or Type III food allergy should not be mistaken for a classic Type I food allergy.
In patients that have a Type I food allergy, their immune system produces food-specific IgE antibodies. These specific-IgE antibodies can lead to an immediate allergic reaction. Symptoms often appear within seconds or minutes: severe swelling, breathing difficulty, rash, itching skin or even anaphylactic shock.
What to Expect In an ImuPro Complete Test
- We will order your test FITLabs ImuPro Basic (90 Foods) or ImuPro Complete (270 Foods)
- Your FITLabs Blood Collection Kit will be shipped to you via Canada Post Express. You will receive your kit within 2-3 business days. Shipping is free.
- Collect blood samples by following easy-to-read instructions in the kit. Collect your blood spot sample yourself via fingerprick in the comfort of your own home. No visit to a lab is required. The dried sample card is then returned in the postage-paid envelope provided.
- Return your blood sample card in the postage-paid envelope provided. You will be notified by email when we receive your blood sample.
- FITLabs will provide Sara Lodge Nutrition with a comprehensive report of all foods tested and personal nutritional guidelines. Sara Lodge Nutrition will receive your test results via email in 7-10 business days from the time we receive your blood sample.
- When results have been viewed, you’ll receive a 30-minute consultation with Sara Lodge, RHN, NNCP to help you better understand your results and provide you with scientific and nutritional advice to help guide you through your modification process.